Thermaltake Volcano II Review
This isn't quite what you expect
to see when you hear the name Thermaltake, but this square heatsink is
indeed one of theirs. The extruded aluminum heatsink fits in the 60mm frame work
of the socket form factor, remedying problems with other heatsinks that overhang. With a 25mm high fan atop, and a stepped
fin array below it looks like one devilishly capable heatsink, but is it really?
After all, why abandon, even if for a moment, the round success of the Orbs for the more traditional square
design? Let's take a look and find out as we review the Thermaltake Volcano II.
The ThermalTake Volcano II (DUO462-7)
- Dimensions: 68x60x60mm
- Everflow Fan: 12VDC, 0.17A, 4500RPM, dual ball bearings
- CFM: 36, RPM monitor on fan
- Extruded Aluminum form factor
- Uses Thermagon T905c interface
- Cost: $30 CDN
- Manufacturer: www.thermaltake.com